Please sign in to post.

2 weeks in Greece

Hello All,

I am new to the forum, and very excited to share that my wife and I will be making a trip to Greece in the beginning of June. This was a bit unexpected so our time there is still unplanned, but we have a general idea of places to visit.

Our itinerary right now looks like this:

3 Days on Santorini

• 3 nights on Santorini
  • 3 nights on another island, looking something different, more relaxed and cheaper than Santorini, deciding between Milos,Naxos and Paros (having an airport to travel back to the mainland is a plus)
  • 1 night in Delphi (we plan to arrive to Athens and travel by rental car to Delphi)
  • 2 nights in Meteora
  • 3 nights in Athens

What do you guys think about this itinerary?

Main question points are:

-Which island to complement our stay in Santorini.
-Is there anything else near Meteora/Delphi to include in our itinerary (keep in mind we plan to rent a car)
-Is there any possible way to fit Peloponnes into all of these? Is there a way to get from the Greek Island maybe directly to Monemvasia or some where nearby?

Thank you all for your help! it is appreciated.

Posted by
336 posts

I did something similar in 2009 but had more nights than you. Maybe 16 if I recall.
Here's the address of my blog, it's in french but you can use google translation, it will give you an idea. you can change the days on you right.
http://famillecyrstgeorges.blogspot.ca/2009/06/grece-jour-1-cap-sounion-et-arahova.html
Our second island was Mykonos, not the best choice for us, but the vicit to Delos island(only ruins) was great)
So I can't tell for another island.
We stayed 3 nights I think in Delphes, but I had made a mistake thinking at the time that Meteoras were 1:30 from Delphes(there was something else names meteore on google map!)
Close to Delphes is a great 3 stars must see monastary called Osios Loukas.
We stayed in Arahova 10 minutes away.
Considering the drive and the time to see the meteores, 2 nights is fine. I didn't see that there was many other sites of interests around.
We did do the peloponese, stayed 3 nights in Nafplio and from there did Corintia, Mycaena and the superb epidaurus.
Left and spent a night in Mystras and down to Monemvasia for a night.
We loved the pelopponese.
Maybe consider one island and do the pelopponese? Espicially if you are into history. If not then a second island might be the right thing.

Posted by
336 posts

And forgot to mention that yes 3 night-2 full days in Athens should cut it. Enough to visit the main sites, the 2 major museums(acropolis and national museum) and some of the nice neighbourhoods of Plaka, Monastiraki, etc