Please sign in to post.

Ferries?

We are travelling to Hydra from Athens April 4 back April 8 and then trying to get to Mykonos the same day April 8. We are having trouble finding accurate ferry schedules. I realize April is low season so may be the reason.
Thanks
Sherry

Posted by
1388 posts

Sherry

I always use this site for ferry schedules. I've always found them accurate.

http://www.gtp.gr/RoutesForm.asp

They are only showing one ferry from Piraeus to Mykonos on April 8th, and it's early in the morning. That seems quite likely to me for that time of the year, but I can't confirm it definitely. You could try checking with a ticket office before you set off to Hydra.

Alan

Posted by
3122 posts

Check the ferry schedule for a departure from Rafina instead of from Piraeus. If you can't get to Mykonos in a timely fashion from Piraeus maybe you can get there from Rafina. You will need to get back from Hydra early so you can take the Piraeus-Airport Express Bus X96 from the Port bus terminal (every 30 minutes or so--the trip takes 75 minutes) near the Metro Station to the airport, where you can catch the next bus to Rafina. You can catch the Rafina bus from the designated area opposite the Sofitel Hotel, which is just 200m from the arrivals exit. The trip takes around 50 minutes. You can buy the ticket from the bus driver for €5pp when entering the bus.

The departure hours are as follows (Monday-Sunday):

From the Athens Airport to Rafina: 04:50, 05:40, 06:10, 07:05, 08:50, 10:30, 12:00, 12:15, 13:15, 13:30,
14:10, 15:20, 16:30, 16:45, 18:00, 19:20. 20:40, 20:45, 22:20.

I'm guessing it will take a total of about 3 hours to get to Rafina going this way.

Another route would be to take the Green Line suburban train from the Piraeus Port Station to the Viktoria Station, then walk 2 blocks to the Pedion Areos Park Bus Terminal where you would catch a bus to Rafina. I think going to the airport would be less confusing and you don't have to worry about getting lost on the way or struggling with luggage because the Rafina Bus leaves from the airport very close to the X96 bus stop. The Rafina-Mykonos ferry leaves Rafina at 5:30pm so you should have ample time to get there from the airport, and it takes about 4.5 hours to reach Mykonos (10:10pm)