Please sign in to post.

Plaka Hotel in Athens

We are thinking of reserving accommodations at Plaka Hotel for our 3 night stay in Athens. I would like to hear what some of you on this forum thought about your stay. We are looking at a late April stay. Thank you.

Posted by
3223 posts

When we were on the RS Greece tour we stayed at the Acropolis select. I would recommend it, had a lovely rooftop restaurant/bar with view of the Acropolis. Walking distance to Plaka.

Posted by
3961 posts

I can’t comment on the Plaka Hotel, but I can recommend Hotel Hera in the Plaka area. We stayed there 5 nights and enjoyed the accommodation, great breakfast, the stunning view of the Acropolis from the rooftop as well as the central location. Our favorite restaurant- Mani Mani was just steps away. We would definitely stay there again. https://www.herahotel.gr/

Posted by
108 posts

We stayed at the Plaka 10 years ago. At the time it was a good choice recommended by a travel agent. The room if I recall was nice size and very clean. I do recall the elevator being small. It did have a very nice roof top bar/terrace with acropolis views and was well located. In looking back at our reservation - I did find emails from our agent that had difficulty contacting the hotel when a reservation was made in error and she needed to change/correct it. It finally did happen but she was pretty frustrated at the lack of communication. We also ate a Mani Mani and it was a highlight of our trip!

Posted by
34 posts

We stayed for 7 nights at the Plaka Hotel at the end of December 2021-first of January 2022. The location was great. Close to lots of restaurants and a few blocks from 2 different metro stations. The staff was extremely helpful. The breakfast buffet was good with lots of choices. Our room was clean and very nice with a balcony to watch the fireworks to ring in the new year. There is a small rooftop restaurant. It's good for drinks and a fabulous view of the Acropolis. The menu is small, but the food was good. We would definitely consider staying there again on our next trip to Athens.

Posted by
464 posts

Great katrein…just looked hotel up in my Rick Steve’s Greece travel book. Shows a %RS on it. I booked online. Oh well. Did you see this?

Posted by
35 posts

Yes, I did see it. I think it means we get a discount when we check in if we show the Rick Steves guidebook to them.