Please sign in to post.

Naxos hotel suggestions for June 2018

I've reviewed hotel suggestions from the closed Naxos accommodations forum and a very large number of reviews on Trip Advisor. I have seen some hotels listed as being north of the Arch Museum and the Kastro area, and a whole lot more about 0.6 miles south of the Kastro / museum area. Is there any significant difference that would make one area more preferred than the other? Is one area more hillier than the other?

Posted by
11507 posts

Will you be renting a car the whole time ?

We've stayed in Naxos twice and both times we didn't rent a car for whole time but just for a day ride around island , so we found staying in town near St George's beach as most convenient.

I don't know your budget , but we loved our stay at the Hotel Kymata , it's a budget hotel , super clean , small rooms ( unless you luck out and find a vacancy for the top two suites ( roof top , amazing views large deck , but usually booked 6-9 months in advance ) .

Location is perfect , 3 minutes to beach , 4 minutes to heart of old town !

No pool but you are so close to beach .

Good ac !

Posted by
21 posts

Pat,
We are not planning on renting a car for the days we are on Naxos. I have seen others mention Hotel Kymata and the Trip Advisor reviews are quite positive. Thanks

Posted by
21 posts

After a lot of reviewing the forum here and Trip Advisor we have decided to stay at Hotel Adriana which is up near the ring road around the Kastro area. It is supposed to be short walk from the port.

Posted by
11507 posts

You will want to rent a car or you will need to take buses.. thats not near old town or St Georges beach. and the beach it is near is still a good 5-10 minute walk.. not bad.. but remember it will be hot.