Please sign in to post.

Naxos

We are traveling with family of 6 adults and 1 toddler. Looking for hotel or bed and breakfast that can accomodate our group. We've done a quick online search and haven't had much luck. We are spending 3-4 nights at the end of May. We would like to be within walking distnace to town as we will not be renting a car. Budget $250 or less a night. Any suggestions will be a great help!

Posted by
259 posts

Try homeaway.com. Includes VRBO places. We have used homeaway in Europe and the USA for years and are very satisfied with our selections. You will have to do research to determine the suitability for you. Sometimes the owners forget to mention tiny showers, steep stairs, etc but the reviewers usually point out any serious deficiencies. Study the room photos and descriptions. It is a bit late for May reservations but I did find some places that appeared to meet your requirements. We were in Naxos Chora last October and loved it. Walked all over the old town, visited museums, enjoyed good food (especially the local cheeses). Good Luck.

Posted by
316 posts

In 2010, we stayed at Orkos Beach Hotel, which had small. basic apartments. Ours housed our family of 4, but they may have bigger ones for 6 people. They were right on the beach and had a windsurfing club/classes too. We did have a car so not sure exactly how far they were from town. Depending on your interests though, Naxos is a larger island and has lots to do in the interior, so if you had a rental car you could do more.

You can also try booking.com as a last resort.

Hope this helps,
Kaye

Posted by
11507 posts

Go directly to Hotel Kymatas website ... they dont list all their rooms on third party booking sites..

I just did a dummy booking and it seems they do have suitable room for dummy dates I used ( may 27-30) ..

If you can definately rent the roof top suites.. they have only two quad rooms up there.. if you can snag on of them .. and another double or triple room it would be great as the quads have a HUGE beautiful roof top balcony where you can all meet and eat or drink or sun... with amazing views..

We have had one of those rooms.. loved it.. we have also stayed in their standard rooms.. small. but immaculate clean.. and when you book directly on their website the great homemade breakfast buffet is included. We booked too late for this year so couldnt get that roof top room.. but will be there early june in a standard room for a few days..

We go back as the location of this hotel is great.. literally two minutes ( i mean 2 minutes max) walk to beach.. ( perfect beach for toddler too ) .. and 5-10 minute walk into town.. best of both worlds.. but on a quiet street.
Staff are so kind here.. they have helped us out more than once.. and their recommendations for restaurants were spot on .. and cheap..

Go on Tripadvisor reviews.. just to click on "travellers photos" and you will see what we mean.. perfect location.

Posted by
11507 posts

Ps what sort of dollars.. your country isnt on your profile .. so you could be Canadian, Australian or New Zealand.. and we all use dollars.. its best to ask in Euros.

Posted by
22 posts

Thanks Pat - 250 Euros, used to putting a $.

I have checked out Hotel Kymata - looks beautiful. I sent the hotel an email to confirm avalaibity of the quad room.

The other location that can accomodate our group looks to be George Studios.

Thanks!

Posted by
2497 posts

I hope you can get Kymata! I can attest to how well it can work with a group. We had a family group of seven adults and the sun deck was wonderful for gathering. 2/4 nights we were there we ordered dinner and ate on the deck. It was lovely and something I am sure you would value with a toddler. Breakfast is also great and we would meet there to plan our days.

Posted by
37 posts

If you haven't booked anything yet (cosidering next week is the end of May), Galaxy Hotel Naxos near St. George beach is a good place to go to. It's pretty family-friendly also so you'll have no worries with activites for your kids. That area definitely was a safe haven for me, even when I travelled solo for a month in Greece, with quite a fear of safety (well I got to get over that fear eventually). Even with hotels that aren't walking distance to town, although tiring, is generally safe too like all of Greece (here).