Please sign in to post.

Mykonos Hotel Request

My wife and I will be traveling to Greece in September and will be staying on Mykonos for 2-3 nights. We are looking for a very nice Hotel, but don't want to break the bank. Any recommendations? Should we stay oceanfront or not?
Thank you,

Posted by
11147 posts

We stayed at Petassos Beach Hotel. It is on a hill overlooking the water and the beach is a short stroll away. There was a frequent and inexpensive bus into Mykonos Town nearby.

Posted by
11147 posts

There was no party scene when we stayed there in September, families, Greeks and other Europeans.

Posted by
11507 posts

We stayed at Zephrys hotel on Paraga Beach and thoroughly recommend.. we loved that it was out of town( not a fan ) its actually just across street ( which is a dead end street.. no traffic but the local bus comes there so you can jump that into town in less than 10 minutes) on a beautiful cove type beach.. nice pool, great breakfast .
Also you can walk to Paradise beach from hotel.. very scenic hill side trail.. 10 minutes.. great in daytime.. wouldnt do it at night as unlit.

Closer to town.. like 2 minute walk.. ( nice that its fairly level as some up hills ) was Hotel Poseidon ... its got a bit pricier since we first stayed there.. but its super nice too.. not over the top luxury but really nice pool overlooking water.. excellant breakfast.. etc. beach access there isnt as nice or close though.

Both hotels pick up at airport and ferry free.. and drive you back there.

Posted by
11507 posts

PS .. still a bit of a party scene early in september but slows to a stand still ( almost ) by end of month.. places start to close down by last week or so ..

Posted by
7530 posts

No specific hotel, I think the ones recommended are good. But for what it is worth, in town, the clubs go all night (start about midnight, quite down at sunrise) so central Mykonos town is not likely a good location, and even the clubs on Paradise beach go late into the night. The beaches mentioned are more family and quieter. Although, we did enjoy Paradise beach very much during the day, the clubs were fun, decent drinks, diverse crowd, good lounge chairs. Guess I should mention that we were there in September as well, probably the best time (in my opinion) to visit the islands.

Not sure of your timing, but there is a Fall Harvest Festival on Mykonos in September, maybe the first or second Saturday. When we went, (2005) it was small, and then it was free food, wine, and music...not sure what it is like now. If you search for Samantha Brown programs on Mykonos, she visits the festival, we just happened to be there while filming.