Please sign in to post.

Lodging Suggestions on Mykonos for May 2016

Hi All, I am planning on spending a week with my daughter post semester abroad in Rome this May. Does anyone have travel suggestions between Rome and Athens? Also and lodging recommendations would be appreciated.
It looks like taking a train to Brindisi, a ferry to Greece and cop it off with a bus ride into Athens....has anyone flown from Rome to Athens, much better use of our time I'm thinking.

Posted by
11507 posts

A flight is much easier .. much easier.

Look at all the cheapo airlines.. Easyjet , Ryanair, etc.. we are flying to Mykonos from London on Easyjet.. then from Mykonos to Mallorca on Vueling.. so look around for your best options from Rome to Athens.. I would check out skyscanner or kayak.. I get ideas for airlines and prices then book directly with the airline on its website ( I don't use brokers )

Posted by
11507 posts

Yes , but so many years ago my advice on it is not current . When I stayed there before we stayed in two different places , the first place was nice enough, but too far out of main town for us to enjoy, we moved in town and much preferred that.

We are going there ourselves this May, after research I have booked us at Hotel Posesidon, location, good reviews and good price ( Mykonos is very pricey! !!) We are also visiting Naxos and spending half the price on hotel there!