Please sign in to post.

Athens Hotel

We will be spending three nights in Athens, our first time in Greece. I am trying to decide between the Amalia Hotel and The Royal Olympic Hotel. Has anyone stayed at either hotel?

Posted by
2 posts

My husband and I stayed at both hotels this past June. If I had to choose between them, I would select the Amalia. The location was ideal, the room was comfortable, the staff was wonderful and the breakfast was excellent. The only downside was the lack of a pool (unless they had one and I didn't see it). It was nice to relax by the pool at the Royal Olympic in the afternoon between seeing the sights.
Rhonda

Posted by
13 posts

I have been lately at the "New Hotel". It is located in the city center. On the other side of the street begins the National Garden. Especially in the summer and spring a nice place to relax. It is surprisingly silent and offers a great vegetation.
The Hotel has a restaurant on the rooftop which offers a unique overview over the Skyline of Athens. The name new fits quite well because the Hotel has been renovated lately.

Posted by
9 posts

hello
i know both of them , they are very close from eachother , both they are very nice hotels , and both are in the center of athens , i would take amalia because it is some how smaller :-)
enjoy your time
marco