Please sign in to post.

Where to stay in Munich

Hi,

I am looking for recommendations for accommodations in Munich. My husband and I will be there for 6 days/5nights during the first week of June. We would like to find something around 100 euros if possible and plan to do the following while there:
Marienpletz, Viktualienmarket, and Hofbrauhous, a few day trips, the English Garden, take a Third Reich walking tour, visit Nymphenburg and maybe do a bike tour.

Thanks very much.

Posted by
8946 posts

I like Motel One and they have a couple of locations. Big comfy beds, great showers and if it gets hot, they have AC that works.

Posted by
419 posts

The Eden Hotel Wolff, directly across from the main railroad station, is a great place to stay.
Clean and comfortable, exceptionally cooperative and helpful staff, excellent restaurant and within walking distance of many tourist spots.

Posted by
62 posts

I can recommend the Hotel Haberstock which is about 2 blocks from the Hauptbanhof (main train station).
A 5 minute walk to the Marienplatz, 10 minutes to the Hofbrauhaus and Viktalmarkt. We stayed there and it is clean and the breakfast is great with lots of choices: delicious fresh crusty breads and rolls, pastries, eggs/omelets made to order, cereal, fruit, yogurt, cold cuts and cheeses, juice - most days we filled up on breakfast and skipped lunch!
The location is wonderful - each day we took the train to a different location and when we came back each night it was a quick walk to the hotel.
The only problem is that there in a bar on the street across from the entrance that did get noisy at times but we kept our windows closed.
Make sure you check into a Bayern Pass - it is good for two people for one day on train/buses, trams, etc. as long as you stay in Bavaria, the southern part of Germany. We bought one each morning and went to Augsburg, Nuremburg, Rothenberg, Neuschwanstein Castle. They print you out an itinerary that is very helpful and it cost us something like 14 Euros each per day. There is a time restriction - you can't travel before 7 AM I seem to remember but that was no problem, lots of train run all day and are super efficient.. If you have time, go to Rothenberg, its a bit far but definitely worth the trip and your Bayern Pass will cover the train. Medieval village that will take your breath away - was never bombed during the war. Tiny cobblestone streets, lovely churches, utterly charming.

Posted by
980 posts

Motel One Sendlinger Tor location.

I would not recommend hotels near the main train station including the Eden Wolff (I’ve rated here and in several others in the area). These are more geared to business travelers who need something close to the station or backpackers needed a cheap room. There is nothing wrong with this area but there are more convenient locations for the places you’ve listed.

DJ

Posted by
416 posts

Pension Lindner! It's in your price range, and a perfect location. We stayed there for 4 nights in September and did a lot of the things you mentioned. It suited us just fine. We loved it.

Posted by
354 posts

Thank you for all the suggestions. I really liked Motel One and Pension Lindner, but they were not available. We opted to spend a bit more, and will be staying at Kings hotel.

Thanks again