Please sign in to post.

Where to stay in Frankfurt

My husband and I will be in Frankfurt for 4 nights in January and are wondering which part of Frankfurt is the best to base ourselves in. Thanks in advance for your answers :)

Posted by
32757 posts

Are you there for work, a Messe, or as a tourist?

Will you have a car or are you traveling by train?

Posted by
8943 posts

There are some wide selections of places, from B&B type, to budget, to apt. with kitchen, to deluxe. Places in residential neighborhoods, places with a view, places near the city center or train station. If you choose a residential spot, you may have access to farmers markets and turn of the century neighborhoods. City center you are closer to trains, museums and historic sites but also farmers markets and the Klein Markt Halle.

Did you want to travel outside of Frankfurt or stay in the city and sight see here and visit museums?

Posted by
23 posts

We will be travelling as tourists, by train. We prefer to be in the city, near the action, and would like to see the main sights and some markets if possible. We are planning a day trip to Cologne on one of our "Frankfurt" days. Any suggestions as to which districts or areas should I search for accommodation in?

Posted by
8943 posts

These are the hotels I usually recommend.

Near the station - Hamburger Hof, Hotel Concorde, the Pure, Hotel Monopol, Excelsior Hotel, Ibis Centrum, Holiday Inn Express Hauptbahnhof.
City Center - Hotel Mirimar, Spener Haus

There is a large trade fair in Jan. The Heim Textil Fair is from 12-15 Jan. and that may drive up hotel prices.

Posted by
7033 posts

I don't know what your budget is and which nights in Jan you will be there. I stayed at Expo Hotel and I found the location perfect, just a block from the Konstablerwache S-Bahn station with easy access to all areas and the main train station for day trips by train. It's also just a short walk from Römerplatz. It's really a nice hotel and I have recommended it to several other people who liked it also. When I plugged in some dummy Jan dates I was shocked to see the prices as they were more than twice the amount for summer dates, so Ms Jo is correct in that prices may be quite high depending on your dates. So, if you're going to be there on those trade show dates in Jan be prepared to pad your budget.