Please sign in to post.

Trains in Germany

I’m taking the 12am train from Hannover to Nuremberg on DB. Does anyone know how it works? I booked first class but can’t seem to find sleeper cabins available for purchase. Additionally, will someone wake me up for my stop or should I not go to sleep?

Posted by
2279 posts

If you booked an ICE train there are no sleeper cabins, you can just choose between small and large room compartments. With a little luck you will stay alone in the small rooms.

For waking up just use the still (vibration) alarm on your phone.

Posted by
2279 posts

Just lookup the schedule of the train number.
In booking process you can click on a train number and it will show you the train schedule.

Posted by
20174 posts

What are you going to do in Nuremberg at 4:45 am?

Posted by
14539 posts

I always take night trains traveling through Germany. No problem getting to Nuremberg at at 0445 hrs, never did that route but Hannover to Munich. Vendors start to open by 5 AM. Nuremberg has probably the best food court, next to that in Hannover.

Don't rely on anyone telling you when you need to get off. On the night trains I took , ie in the general seating area, at times, but not always, the DB staff person would come in to make the announcements at 5 AM. That was in the summer.

I always sleep anyway and would do so in your case, but you're on your own as to not missing your stop.

Posted by
2338 posts

How were they supposed to make individual wake-up calls on a ordinary train with 600 passengers?