Please sign in to post.

Trains

First time in Europe from USA. Need train info from Frankfort Germany to Paris, Paris to Basel, and Switzerland travel

Posted by
4366 posts

go to the man in seat 61, all you seek is there. back it up with research on Rome2rio.

if you don't want to DIY, Rick uses Raileurope.

Posted by
19086 posts

This is a much better website for schedule and fare information for
germany (and schedules for all of Europe) than Bahn.de (actually Bahn.de will probably get you here eventually; might as well start here.).

Posted by
6868 posts

The link is basically bahn.de, unless I am missing something?

Posted by
19086 posts

Bahn.de is a general website for the Bahn, and not in English, and you CAN get to the schedules and fares (query) page from bahn.de, but the link I gave, https://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en IS the query page for the Bahn, in English. Why not go there directly?

Posted by
6302 posts

If you visit bahn.de the first thing you see on the site (apart from the strike notice) is the "query box", enter the stations and the date and time you wish to travel and press "Suchen" and you will get suggestions. No need to go to a special query page. Using the main page is also a great place to find other information about the trip. Such as the onboard menu e.g.

And if you don't speak German, just use Google translate. Or click the small world map and choose another language.

Posted by
14497 posts

The "bahn" page does appear in English if that is what you want. I use use bahn .de. That page is in German, as pointed out above.