Please sign in to post.

train question

hi !

We made some train reservation for our Germany trip. We reserve a trip between Berlin and Dresden. We choosse to start the Trip in Berlin Bellevue sbahn becaus it will be near our lodging and to end it at Dresden HBF.

What i want to know is if it's the sbahn ride between Bellevue and Berlin HBF is include in the price. On the ticket it's says that the ticket include only what is written in the fahrkarte case. In this case it's only written Berlin-Dresden.

We can see Berlin Bellevue to Berlin HBF in the ihre reisercerbindng un reservierung hinfahrt.

If I havent indicate that I want to start from Bellevue would it be included anyways ?

It's written sbhan Bellevue (s5) 8:23. If i choose another line or another station will it be included ?

And what about other places (Nuremberg, Munich)

Thanks !

Posted by
19099 posts

I assume this is a discounted, SparPreis or Savings Fare, ticket. If you booked it as Berlin Bellevue to Dresden, it would include the S-Bahn from Bellevue to Berlin Hbf, and it would say so. If you just booked Berlin Hbf to Dresden, the S-Bahn would not be shown on the ticket and would not be included.

The S-Bahn is a regional train and on a SparPreis ticket, you can use any regional train on the same route that day to get to your Long Distance Train. The S-Bahnen going through Berlin Bellevue station to Berlin Hbf are the S5, S7, and S75. You can use any of these.

We can see Berlin Bellevue to Berlin HBF in the ihre reise[v]erbindng
un[d] reservierung hinfahrt.

Looks like you did book Berlin Bellevue to Dresden. Good.

If i choose another line or another station will it be included ?

Technically no, but if you left from another station on the same route, still within the same fare zone, they might let you get away with it, because the fare would have been the same.

Posted by
2487 posts

If under »Ihre Reiseverbinding« the trip from Berlin Bellevue to Berlin Hbf is mentioned, it's valid for that trip. I wouldn't bother with the text in the header. I have just arranged a ticket to Munich. In the header it's only »München«, and further down specified as »München Hbf«.
Do the same trick when travelling from Nürnberg and München. It saves you a S-Bahn ticket.

Posted by
19099 posts

what about other places (Nuremberg, Munich)

The Bahn IC bus from Munich to Prague leaves from the bus station (ZOB) at Hackerbrücke. To get there from the Hauptbahnhof, you need to take the S-Bahn from the Hbf to Hackerbrücke. If you just type in Munich, or München or even München Hbf, the bus connection will default to "München ZOB Hackbrücke". To include the S-Bahn from the Hbf to Hackerbrücke, you have to type "Muenchen Hauptbahnhof". Then the connection will show München Hbf (tief) - tief for deep, the S-Bahn station at the Hbf - and the S-Bahn will be included on the ticket.

Posted by
19099 posts

That excerpt from the AGB essentially says that the fare from the station in any station in the 2nd column is the same as the fare to/from the station in the first column. That part would appear to apply only to the setting of a fare. However, it also includes a clause that translates as, " Tickets can arbitrarily [my emph] be used to/from one of these stations", which would appear to imply that the station "Berlin Bellevue" does not have to appear on the ticket, only "Berlin". It is important to note that these are all S-Bahn stations, not U-Bahn stations or tram or bus stops. Also, as near as I can determine, they are all inside the inner zone (at least for Munich, and, I think, for Berlin) of the Verkehrsverbund. That would include Bellevue, but not, for instance, Spandau, or, in the case of Munich, Hackerbrücke but not for instance, Freising.

But does this apply to SparPreis ticket or only full fare ticket. This is legalese, and I am not a lawyer.

Posted by
2335 posts

"i've stumbled onto this https://www.bahn.de/p/view/mdb/bahnintern/agb/tarifliche_gleichstellung/mdb_166859_gleichstellungen_01_10_2014.pdf
could someone explain me (google transalte is not enough!)"

It says, narrowed down to your case, that you can, with a ticket issued to BERLIN or from BERLIN, go to or depart from any station mentioned in the list of Berlin stations PROVIDED that the distance between departure and destination points is more than 100 km.

So you can of course use your ticket for the S-Bahn leg and you are not bound to a specific S-Bahn train even if you, travelling on a Sparpreis ticket, are bound to a specific long distance train to Dresden. Courage madame / monsieur! ;)

Posted by
2335 posts

To give you an example for your journey to Dresden: If you have a ticket issued "Berlin - Dresden" (or Berlin Bellevue - Dresden) you could board a train at any of the S-Bahn stations listed in the paper you have mentioned above and go to any station listed under Dresden, e.g. to Bad Weixdorf, which is 15 km north of Dresden main station.

Posted by
321 posts

sla019- my Dbahn ticket says Paris Ost to Frankfurt(Main). Does this allow me to take any SBahn after arriving at the Frankfurt Hbf? Specifically the Sbahn from the Frankfurt Hbf to the Frankfurt Flughafen...
Thanks

Posted by
19099 posts

PROVIDED that the distance between departure and destination points
is more than 100 km

Why?

If you go from, for instance, Salzburg to any station in the inner zone of Munich, the Bahn charges the same amount, 30,70€. But if you travel from close to Munich, say Rosenheim, the fare depends on how far the start is from the destination, ergo, Rosenheim to Haar is 10,20, but Rosenheim to Karlsfeld is 16,00€. So if they allowed you to use any station arbitrarily, everyone going to Karlsfeld would select Haar.

Posted by
19099 posts

Does this allow me to take any SBahn after arriving at the Frankfurt
Hbf? Specifically the Sbahn from the Frankfurt Hbf to the Frankfurt
Flughafen..

I don't think so. Frankfurt(M) Flughafen is not shown as an equivalent station (page 13) to Frankfurt(M) Hbf. I think only stations in the center core (5000) are equivalent.

Posted by
2335 posts

"sla019- my Dbahn ticket says Paris Ost to Frankfurt(Main). Does this allow me to take any SBahn after arriving at the Frankfurt Hbf? Specifically the Sbahn from the Frankfurt Hbf to the Frankfurt Flughafen..."

Regrettably no. Air port lines have a special (i.e. more expensive) fare everywhere, one of the many tariff tricks of Deutsche Bahn.

Posted by
321 posts

Lee and sla019- I suspected as much. Thanks for the help anyway.