Please sign in to post.

Train help

Landing tomorrow at FRA and have two flexible train tickets to regensburg. I purchased seat reservations for the train we HOPE to make. Just now looking at db app I see the next train says " not possible ". While I know it could be for a variety of reasons...... "if" we miss our desired train- will our all day train tics get us on the " not possible " train if it does show up? Hope this makes sense

Posted by
2357 posts

A flexible ticket enables you to use any train. Go to the DB desk in FRA und and exchange the old seat reservations for new ones and have them look up the best alternative connection for you.

BTW, what exactly does DB say is "not possible"?

Posted by
20256 posts

The trains from Munich Airport to Regensburg are Regional trains, and thus seat reservations are "Not Possible". The trains go every hour at 16 past the hour. Your tickets are good on any train that day.

Posted by
2357 posts

But the OP is

Landing tomorrow at FRA

So there must be a change in the connection.

Posted by
6664 posts

@Sam: the journey begins at FRA.

@joannet7154: If you purchased "flex-preis" tickets at the higher price, you have a ticket good for travel on any trains at any hour that same day along the same route. If you aren't riding the trains named on your ticket, you won't have reserved seats, but you can sit in any seats that are not labeled reserved for the stretch you are traveling.

If your "next" train is a regional train, there are no reservations possible. Board any regional train that same day and sit anywhere you can find empty seats.

https://int.bahn.de/en/offers/saver-fare-flexible-fare/flexible-fare

Posted by
20256 posts

Oops, my bad.

I do see trains with connections at Nuremberg at 12:34 and 16:34 that say "Not Possible", but they have been replaced by ICE trains at the same times with different train numbers.

Posted by
2357 posts

Yes, and the email the OP has received should indicate the alternative connection(s).

Posted by
1800 posts

DB has started to do weirder and weirder things, and seems to take "how to confuse passengers" to ever higher levels.

They will now show trains as "fully booked" on their website and refuse to sell tickets for it, but of course people who know how the system works select another train, buy a flexpreis, and travel on that train anyway...

I would not worry to much. Do not overthink this. Trains are mass transit. There will be trains, and you will find out which trains there are once you are at the station...

Posted by
27 posts

Thanks everyone! Quick update- we landed and we’re thru security at FRA and at train station we’ll within 1 hour from touch down. The train was indeed FULL and announced if you did not have a seat reservation or seat to get off. 1/2 the standing people exited. Lots still stood. Your help is appreciated!