Please sign in to post.

Train from Munich to Paris

I will be traveling from Munich to Paris on July 25. Should I buy my tickets now or wait until I am in Europe?

Posted by
20146 posts

You can buy nonrefundable Sparpreis tickets now for 59.90 EUR. Wait to the last minute and they are 147 EUR.
By nonrefundable, you can get your money back by paying a 19 EUR fee up until the day before travel when you buy from Deutsche Bahn.
www.bahn.com

Posted by
922 posts

If you know your travel dates/times, you can save significant money buying in advance. Buy online and print before leaving for the trip.

Posted by
3049 posts

Better yet, the Deutschebahn travel app is well designed, informs you of delays, and stores E-tickets, even when you're offline. I really recommend it.

Posted by
70 posts

Stephen, Sam and Sarah thanks for the feedback. Guess I'll buy while in the states using the travel app.

Posted by
20146 posts

Just remember, prices go up over time as the limited number of cheap tickets sell out and only higher priced tickets are available. If you know the day you want to travel, and an approximate time, buy now.

Posted by
321 posts

Hi Nancy- FYI you can purchase a First class ticket for as little as 5 to 10 Euros more than a 2nd class ticket on some of the available trains, and the only direct train leaves at 6:23 AM IF you are an early riser...

Have a great trip!!!