Please sign in to post.

Train from Frankfurt airport to Baden Baden

Greetings,

I think I may go to the the concert in Baden Baden after all. I fly into Frankfurt (from Budapest), and am looking at trains. It seems pretty basic. I am going to try for 1 change of train (versus 2 on some routes).

Question -- when I put in the destination -- what is the name of the Frankfurt airport stop? I want to make sure there aren't multiple.

Has anyone done this route -- is it pretty straightforward?

Thanks!

Todd

Posted by
2487 posts

On bahn.de the airport will show as »Frankfurt(M)Flughafen« (the »M« to distinguish it from the other Frankfurt, on the Polish border). The railway station has two parts: »Fernbahnhof« for long-distance trains and »Regionalbahnhof« for, as it says, regional trains. You'll need the Fernbahnhof.
The Baden-Baden station is well out of the city centre. You'll need a bus to get there. I can't remember whether this is included in the train ticket or not.

Posted by
19118 posts

For the fastest route, put in Frankfurt(M) Flughafen Fernbf. There are also regional routes from the Regionalbf at the Frankfurt airport, but they are slower.

I don't see a city ticket for Baden-Baden, but the bus from the Bahnhof to downtown (Hindenburgplatz) costs 2,40€. I took it in 2008.

Posted by
32228 posts

Todd,

For the trip from the station in Baden Baden to the hotel, I found that a Taxi was the easiest option. Private vehicles aren't allowed in the city centre, but Taxis have a remote control to lower the Bollards, so can usually provide service right to the door (which they did in my case). While it's more expensive that way, when I'm hauling luggage it's a much more pleasant trip.