Please sign in to post.

Toiletries

I thought it might be easier to leave my shampoo and body wash at home and fun to try some German products. Does anyone have suggestions on brands.

Posted by
8946 posts

Just pop into the local DM which is like a drugstore without a pharmacy. They have large basket-type shelves with travel size toiletries. I can't think of any brands off hand.

Posted by
102 posts

Hi, Julie.

To follow up on Ms. Jo's post, three common store-chains in Germany to buy toiletries are:

You might have a go at these German-only websites, enter "Shampoo" or "Duschgel" (shower gel) into their respective search functions, and see what comes up .

As I haven't stepped inside Müller in some time, I'm familiar with DM's own Balea line of products and with Rossmann's own Isana line of products. Also, the Beiersdorf/Nivea and Unilever brands are common in Germany.

Posted by
457 posts

Fa is a common brand. But yes, pop into Rossman or DM or Budnikowski and pick up something.

Note that German toothpaste tends to be less sweet than American; I can't stand American toothpaste. My preferred brand here is Blend-a-med.