Please sign in to post.

Summer 2019 family trip to Germany

I am starting my research for a trip with 6 adults and 1 two year old. We are looking for an airbnb or apt rental for about 5 to 6 days in Munich. Does anyone have any suggestions? 2 to 3 bedrooms with cooking and laundry facilities would be great. Thank you!

Posted by
2335 posts

There is AirBnB in Germany, but it is frowned upon because it has an unfortunate impact on the rental market. You could google instead for "ferienwohnungen München" or search this sites:

fewo-direkt.de (commercial)
https://www.checkin-muenchen.de/ (commercial)
https://tportal.toubiz.de/muenchende/ukv/groupsform?globalreset=1 (group request site of Munich Tourism)

Even booking.com has a selection of "Ferienwohnungen" in and around Munich.

Finally, you can send an email to: tourismus.gs@muenchen.de (the official email address of Munich's tourism office) any time.

Posted by
12 posts

Thank you! I will do that. I hadn't thought about the impact on the rental market.
I do have another question. I am a little confused on the different train passes. I plan on purchasing twin german rail passes for our travel from Frankfurt to Heidelberg to Stuttgart to Munich etc. but wonder if we need DB bayern passes for our day trips from Munich as well. My sense is yes. Thank you again

Posted by
12 posts

Thank you Kim. I contacted Alex and he has responded. Do you remember if there was a washer and dryer IN the apartment or just in the building. Also, looking at Google Earth there is an U bahn stop just by the apartment (2 min). How far was it from the Munchen main train station to that U bahn stop. Thank you again!!

Posted by
30 posts

We just returned from 6 nights in Munich and stayed at Citadines apartment hotel on Arnulfstrasse. We stayed in a one bedroom that sleeps 4, 2 in bedroom and 2 on a surprisingly comfortable rollout from the LR sofa. Kitchen is fully equipped, we cooked basic dinners there several times. They're about 4 streetcar stops from main train station. Quality was very good, downside is they are not cheap, and you'd need two apartments. But they're worth a look online.

Posted by
30 posts

Forgot to mention, no laundry in the unit but the building has a coin operated laundry.