Please sign in to post.

Show #578, Munich and Bavaria

Hi Rick! My mother-in-law Christine Wenig grew up in Oberammergau, Bavaria. We have visited her hometown twice, and loved it (perhaps also because my husband Chris’s relatives helped to show us around)! I want to say if you visit Oberammergau, go to the museum as it gives a fascinating look at Bavarian life a century ago, and the background of the “Passionsspiel”, the story of Christ’s Passion, which is presented as a play on stage every 10 years. My mother-in-law and her brothers and sisters performed in this play in the 1930’s. Also, King Ludwig’s castle Linderhof is worth a visit. Sorry not to be able to phone in during your broadcast, but we were very interested in your coverage of Bavaria. Christine would’ve loved it, and probably would’ve called in with a long, lively explanation of her life growing up in Oberammergau! Carol Rush.

Posted by
32517 posts

Carol, you should know that Rick is unlikely to see your message. As far as we know he doesn't visit the Forums.

If you want to be sure that a staffer sees your note can I suggest you use the "Contact Us" button below this....

Posted by
2 posts

Dear RS Staff: Thanks for the message. I will send the above conversation in a “Contact Us” email. I also send 2 other emails about Oberammergau and a question about finding ancestors while traveling. I know Rick is terribly busy, but perhaps he could address this topic in a future program? Thanks anyway for your reply, Carol Rush