Please sign in to post.

Seeking advice on family friendly hostels in Saxon Switzerland

My family, which includes young-ish kids, plan on staying a couple nights in Saxon Switzerland en route from Prague to Berlin for hiking and sightseeing. We're eyeing the hostels with private rooms that are scattered around the area's towns and villages, but there are a bunch. If anyone's familiar with the area and its budget-minded accommodations, can you share some recommendations? Thanks!

Posted by
80 posts

That youth hostel is too far away from the town IMO. I would not pick it without a car. Better stay somewhere right in the town - for example Apartment house Zentral.

www.apartmenthaus-zentral.de

Apartment No. 5 e.g. is for up to 5 people, can be combined with another guest room at the same floor. That way, although rental prices may seem a bit higher at first it turns out a good deal.

Posted by
2 posts

Thanks, I'll check out the Apartment House, it looks very nice. We won't have a vehicle and the Jugendherberge does look a bit far from the station.

There were a couple hostels in Koenigstein that looked interesting as well.

Posted by
80 posts

Königstein is for sure an option. However, international trains don't stop there, you need to ride the S1 suburban train (one stop) to Bad Schandau to catch an Eurocity train to Prague. Also, I remember that one of the hostels at least was right on the very busy (and noisy) main road and a bit outside the centre.