Please sign in to post.

Rhine in Flames - Koblenz - 2018

My husband and I are planning to be in the Rhine valley during the Rhine in Flames festival (August) this year. We are considering taking a boat cruise during the firework show.
First question is how do I buy tickets?
I've found plenty of sites saying this is fun to do but only 1 that sells tickets. I'd like to see what else is available.
Second question - does anybody know if the ferry in Boppard runs that late/early?
We are staying at Castle Liebenstein on the other side of the river and I understand the cruise would get to Boppard after midnight.
Or would it be better to take a cruise from somewhere else on the same side as our hotel? I think that would leave us with Koblenz or Sankt Goarshausen which are both farther from our hotel.

Thoughts?

Posted by
248 posts

At the TI? We got ours there in Bingen last year but that was on site, day of our day before.

Posted by
1 posts

http://www.firework.rhine-river.com/

We booked the Aug 11 trip from St. Goarshausen thru this place and received quick confirmation. Look for the translate button on their page and it goes from German to English if you need to. One thing is you can book your reservation with a credit card but they take only a small portion out. The rest you pay in cash in euros when you board. Actual tickets become available 5 to 8 days before sailing. We will not necessarily be near a place with a printer then as we are staying at the small town of Kestert. But any Internet cafe you can print them or just download tickets to your smartphone. Site gives you pickup and return times and sites up and down the Rhine so just pick what is convenient.