Please sign in to post.

Rental car availabilty in München June 2021

Have rented from F.J, Strauss (MUC) main airport, booked on line from here in USA in the past. Also have gone to Stixt or others there. I still would need to know if there is vehicle shortage to rent and if booking here or there is more economical. We are familiar with the country, but what has COVID done to the number of cars available?

mfG

James Euler

Posted by
5614 posts

At least in the U.S., many of the fleet cars were sold off. I suspect the same happened in Europe. There are just not that many cars available. I booked a car for a France/Spain trip in September. I always book through AutoEurope. Usually I have a bit of a choice of companies. This time it was Sixt or about 5 other companies whose rates were double.

Posted by
6569 posts

Rental car prices are off the charts compared to a couple years ago for the reason already given. I recently priced a rental for 16 days in Spain. In 2017 it cost $448 dollars. The current price for the same number of days was $883. Also, if you don’t reserve far enough ahead, there may not be a car available when you travel.

Posted by
4412 posts

Interesting, when I mentioned this a few weeks ago everyone said Oh no, everything's fine in Europe

Posted by
233 posts

Check out gemut. com a US company has special rates with Avis. Deal ends today at 8:00 PM PDT.
Have used them many times
Hurry
Good luck