Please sign in to post.

Reichstag tickets

Once you request your free tickets to enter the Reichstag, how long does it take them to get back to you with your exact time of entry? When you request your entry ticket, you need to request your 1st, 2nd and 3rd dates and times. When will they get back to me to let me know which time is mine? I did receive an email with my request right away, but that is it. My request is for Sept 11th. Thanks for your help.

Posted by
2735 posts

I requested my tickets as soon as the date opened up. Got the request confirmation then waited and waited. A week before I was flying out, two weeks before my requested date, I emailed the Bundestag to request my tickets. They were emailed within a couple days. You will get a letter from them, not tickets per se. I printed it and took it with me. I showed the letter to the security booth so I could enter.

The Reichstag/Bundestag history is very interesting. I’m glad I was able to get tickets. No one else on my RS Berlin, Prague & Vienna tour planned far enough ahead to get tickets even to the Dome for free time and were disappointed they didn’t.

PS. I only requested one time and date because that was the only free time I had.

Posted by
114 posts

We are going on Sunday, September 10th! I emailed and they got back to me either the next day or day after. I know I got confirmation within two days. I also did it in at the beginning of July.

Posted by
144 posts

Thank you for your comments. I have just emailed them to see if they can send me a confirmation email with the correct day and time of entry. Can't wait to see it.

Posted by
312 posts

I don't know if it'll still be this way when you visit, but there was a lot of construction around the building when I was there a few weeks ago, so allow some extra walking time to find the entrance. It was even more difficult on my day because the Christopher Street Parade had ended at the Brandenburg Gate and there was no access from that direction! I enjoyed the tour very much.

Posted by
3 posts

I also booked entry to the dome on September 11. When I received the confirmation I noticed that the dome is scheduled to be closed on that date for cleaning. There is a terrace which will be open but not the dome itself. This information is also on the official website but I had missed it. I canceled my original booking and am now attempting to book for the prior day.

Posted by
144 posts

Mtaylor587 thanks for the message. I will go ahead and do the same. I never heard back from them when I emailed them a couple of weeks ago. I didn't see that on the website.
Thanks again.

Posted by
144 posts

mtaylor587, I booked my visit for Sept 10th now and I received the email that they received my request. I wonder how long it will take to get confirmation on the date and time of my visit.
Did you book yours yet and did you get a confirmation on the time of visit yet?

Posted by
3 posts

Sorry, Patti I just saw this - yes, I received my confirmation very quickly - certainly within 30 minutes of having sent in the name and birthdate details for my party It did come from a different email address than the other communications. The first communications were from noreply@dbt-internet.de but the actual confirmation came from visite.fax@bundestag.de and showed up on my gmail as "Besucherdienst".

Posted by
144 posts

mtaylor587,
Thanks for the email address. I just emailed them at this address with my Request number to see if they can send me my confirmation asap. Hopefully I will get a response soon. What time on Sept 10th are you confirmed to visit? Wouldn't that be funny if we see you there? Thanks again.

Posted by
426 posts

mtaylor587, thanks so much for writing that the confirmation shows up as “Besucherdienst” ! I just found the confirmation in my spam folder. My two friends and I are confirmed also for Sept. 10 at 5:00 p.m. So excited!

Posted by
7310 posts

Make sure your read and follow the instructions they send you. You will probably need to present your original passport, and large bags will be prohibited. It's kind of like visiting the U.S. Capitol building, from a security point of view.

Posted by
144 posts

Tim,

Do you think they will allow the Rick Steves day pack? That's what I have.

Posted by
2343 posts

re: your bag, it will probably be ok, just don't have it completely stuffed full. You will go through airport style security (passports, metal detectors, etc.) so take as little with you as possible to make that process easier. I was asked for my name by at least three different people before I even got to the scanners, they take security very seriously.

Posted by
144 posts

mtaylor587 and slws2137,

Did you guys get your first choice of times to visit the Reichstag? I still haven't heard back from them on my confirmed time. I may just show up at my first requested time. I am not sure what else to do.

Posted by
426 posts

Yes, I did get my first choice. I requested the tickets on 8/7 and received the confirmation on 8/9 (but didn't see it until this week as it was buried in my Spam folder).

Posted by
144 posts

Unfortunately, I periodically delete my emails in my spam folder, so I don't have any in there right now. If I don't hear back from them, I will just show up at my first requested time and hope for the best.

Posted by
144 posts

Yay! They finally responded to my email and I received my confirmation in my spam folder for Sept 10th at 10:45. Thanks for all of your help on this one.