My travel companion and I rebooked for October (after Octoberfest) now instead of at the end of this month, we didn't want to risk things being closed if the outbreak continues to grow. I think it will be a bit better then. If other people are deciding to do so- Lufthansa finally is offering the ability to rebook without paying a ton of $$. I think in the end the switch only cost my friend and I $51 per person, so not too bad. If anyone has any tips for Germany in mid- late October they are welcome-- I'm hoping to see some fall leaves at the Neuschwanstein!
Also Lufthansa is a nightmare on the phone- my suggestion is to just keep calling them from different lines until you get through.