Please sign in to post.

Prague to Berlin online tickets at bahn.de

Hi,

I tried to book online first class one way tickets from Prague to Berlin on the bahn.de website three month in advance of our journey. I got the price of 98 euros for a family of three and 4.50 euro for the seat reservation of our six years old daughter. When I tried to pay for the tickets I got the message that "reservation not possible" and instead of 102.50 pay 98 euros. I was worried that our daughter might not get a set in the train and I sent a query to Bahn.de. They replied me that booking of the trains on international journey is only possible 2 months in advance.

Just today I checked the price of the tickets and it has gone up from 98 euros to 118 euros. I am worried that if we wait for the booking time the price will go further up.

On Bahn.de it is mentioned that the reservation of adult seat is included in the ticket price. So my question is if I buy the tickets for 118 euros without buying the seat reservation for my daughter then would it be possible for our daughter to sit with us in three seats?

Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards

Posted by
2081 posts

Just out of curiosity, did you try booking or looking from the Czech web site , cd.cz

Happy trails.

Posted by
5362 posts

I am curious why you are buying a first class ticket. Totally a waste of money as 2nd class is very nice. You should pay 29 Euro each.

As for the reservations, just buy them a few days before at the train station in Prague.

You might want to have a look at this excellent website for European train travel - this link has details for the Prague to Berlin leg.

http://www.seat61.com/international-trains/trains-from-Prague.htm#.VKp5O9h0xzk

Posted by
6590 posts

You can get the bus from Berlin to Prague (4.5 hour-trip) for the promo price of €27 at the EUROLINES site.

Posted by
16893 posts

This train does not require reservations, but I understand you are trying to ensure three seats together. 98 euros to 118 euros are the same prices available today for booking 2 months ahead, so I would not expect the price to change (sell out too quickly) if you book when reservations open. I also would be happy to travel in 2nd class for about half the price.