Please sign in to post.

Passion Play 2022 Oberammergau Decree

I received an email today, the first day of Lent, announcing “From today, Ash Wednesday, the people of Oberammergau will once again have to let their hair and beards grow: From this day on, the Hair and Beard Decree will once again apply to all participants in the Passion Play 2022, and the joyful anticipation of the premiere on 14 May 2022 is also growing.”

I applaud their optimism and have my reissued tickets from 2020 but it’s still a long way off. I know short of buying 3000 wigs this is a step the people of the region need to do beginning now, their tradition for 200 years.

We all have a lot of anticipation for travel tempered with patient waiting and watching.

EDIT: I read through the whole letter and they are making a concession for the pandemic by saying hair growth should begin now but beard growth can be started later to allow for better mask wearing.

Posted by
933 posts

Yep, we got the same email and if you FOLLOW them on Facebook, they have a WONDERFUL video about it on their page. We were booked for go Oct 2020 and are now going Sept 2022 with a 2 week tour thru the Alps with Tauck