Please sign in to post.

Passion Play

Should I book a package through the official Passion Play site that includes the hotel and dinner or will I find it cheaper to book things separately?

Posted by
8938 posts

I think it is easier and probably cheaper to book the package. You will need your meals, especially at the break and in the evening and the place is going to be jammed.
We are booking one of the packages.

Posted by
304 posts

Are you doing a 2 day or a 3 day package? I can't decide.

Posted by
542 posts

I contacted some of the hotels on the package list to see if I could book separately. They all said during those times, they only offer the package deal through the official website. So nobody was willing to book just room, unless I was willing to stay a week.
We booked the 3 day package for late May through the official website. You get to choose your seat location, and most of the seats were already taken- I assume by tours.
We are going to rent a car at Munich Airport and drive to Fussen to see the two castles, and another day visit the Zugspitze and Garmish/P before heading to Oberramergau.

Have a safe journey and enjoy the Passion Play.

Posted by
304 posts

That reinforces my need to pick dates. I’m still trying to decide between early June and late August/ early September. Any time between and I’ll miss the Lipizzaner Stallions in Vienna.