Please sign in to post.

Paris Eiffel Tower

There are no available tickets for july 4,5,or 6 even to only the 2nd floor by lift on the official eiffel tower site does anyone know a way to get tickets with skip the line i have tried viator and im not too familiar with other groups any recommendations are welcome
thanks Marie S.

Posted by
6622 posts

Germany has a region called the Eifel. But the Eifel Tower is in Paris, France, right? Better ask your question on the FRANCE forum.

Posted by
8035 posts

There are not many tickets available at the 60 day out mark when they used to go on sale. And they get snapped up immediately. But there is usually a bunch of tickets released about 7 days out. So get on line, Paris time of release (I think it is 9 am but I'd be on line at 8, in case). which puts it in the middle of the night in the US and see if you can get them. Grab what is available quickly as it won't be for long. I read elsewhere that the tickets may be available midnight Paris time, so give that a try also.

You can buy them on the day by lining up. If you are fit, you can walk up to the second floor and take the elevator to the top from there. The line for walk up tickets is usually short 15 minutes or so whereas the line for elevator tickets can be a couple hours or more. You buy the top elevator ticket as an add on when you buy the walk up ticket. Everyone can ride DOWN no matter how you got up -- they only check elevator tickets going up.

Posted by
58 posts

another workaround is to make a lunch reservation in the Eifel Tower Restaurant. Different line up, which is much shorter as it is only for those going to the restaurant. It doesn't take you right to the top but you can access a viewing platform before or after your lunch.
I've done it twice and lucked out with a window seat both times. Considering the atmosphere I didnt think it was overpriced, the food was good and it was a unique experience.