Please sign in to post.

Oktoberfest

We are 4 adults going to Munich for Oktoberfest, all of us are first timers in our early 60s. Any suggestions on which tents to visit & what are the prices?
Thanks,
John

Posted by
20085 posts

Go on a week day early afternoon and you should have no problem finding seating at tables that have been reserved starting 17:00. I don't think there is a big difference in beer tents, other than the brand of beer they serve. Pick one that suits you. Once the reservations start rolling in, you can see what else is available, but by that time if you've had a mass (1 liter of beer) or two, it might be time to rest up for the evening. Prices vary a shade by tent, but all are 11 EUR and change per mass.

Posted by
321 posts

Hi John- If you scroll down to the topic

"OktoBROfest & other suggestions"

on this forum I think you will find more information than you can handle this late.

Have a great trip!!!

Posted by
32746 posts

John, Is this for next week? Are your hotels all taken care of?

Posted by
46 posts

Sage advice from Sam above ... The best time wife & I found was a Monday and Tuesday afternoon from 12-5. We were able to check out all of the tents in the 2 days we were there. Here's our favorites:

1. Augustiner-Festhalle - the best beer, since it is served from wooden vats. Nice layout.
  2. Hacker-Festzelt - Beautiful tent with blue "Himmel der Bayern" sky above. A bit younger crowd.
  3. Winzerer Fähndl - Super fun tent with great band playing all the excellent sing-a-long tunes.

Any tent you check out will be a blast. If you can, check out the traditional costume parade which is the first Sunday of the Oktoberfest, the very popular traditional costume parade that marches through the streets of Munich.

Prost!