Please sign in to post.

Oktoberfest 2024 - Armbrustschützenzelt tent reservations

Hello forum,

Our family of 6 adults are looking to book a reservation at the Armbrustschützenzelt tent this year (2024) for a weekday. Probably a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday.

I see reservation inquiries can be started here on their site (English version): https://www.armbrustschuetzenzelt.de/en/reservation/reservationinquiry/

We would prefer to have a dinner reservation, but a lunch reservation would be wonderful as well. Also, we realize that a reservation at this tent, during a weekday, may not even really be needed. However, we would prefer to make a reservation to ensure we get a seat inside.

My questions are:

1. It looks like only lunch times are available to reserve on the website. Are weekday dinner times only available to the local/regular customers? Or are the dinner times only reservable by calling (faxing??) them?

2. Regarding the lunch times, I see three options for each lunch during the first week (but not the 2nd week), as:

10:00 - 16:15

10:00 - 16:15 Kartenspieler Reservierung ("Card Player Reservation")

13:00 - 16:15

Any idea what the "Kartenspieler" version of the 10:00 - 16:15 timeslot is for/about?

And, why the shorter time from 13:00 - 16:15? Is that a version in which no lunch can be purchased, only drinks?

Thank you.

Posted by
2565 posts

You posted on multiple travel forums.
Normally it is meaningful to inform people about it with link, so they see existing answers given already.

Posted by
3 posts

Follwing this!! Can you not get into a tent if you don't have a restervation? Or is there a non reservation first come first serve area?

Posted by
20336 posts

You can always "get into a tent", but you must be seated to get a beer. During the day, especially on week days, you will see a lot of reservation placards on the tables, but they usually begin at 5 or 6 pm, so you can sit there at least until the reservation begins.

Posted by
125 posts

We went to Oktoberfest last year and enjoyed our day time reservation at a different tent. While it may have not been needed that first Monday of Oktoberfest, we all felt better knowing we definitely had a seat. The tent we went to for a day reservation was for a 12-17:00 time slot and we definitely got food. I would assume that the "shorter" time slot also allows you to order food. The amount you pay for the table goes towards your final bill. We paid a little more at two tents (we drank and ate more than our vouchers) and came out about even at a third tent.

Each tent runs slightly differently. It seems that the Kartenspieler reservation is to play cards.