Please sign in to post.

Oktoberfest 2015 hotel recommendations

We are atarting to plan our trip for Oktoberfest next year. Can anyone recommend hotels?
Thanks!

Posted by
32167 posts

My first choice would be Hotel Uhland. It's a really nice hotel in a quiet residential area, they serve a great breakfast and it's in a perfect location - a 10-15 minute walk from the Hbf and also only a short walk to Theresienwiese where Oktoberfest is held. Booking early will be important!

Posted by
321 posts

Hi Janette- you may be too late to get a good deal. I have tried to stay at the Uhland Hotel several times and it always seems full, even during non-Oktoberfest time. I would recommend using Booking.com to start looking for hotels, There is a cost/location/availability matrix that you have to negotiate. But most of the hotels on this website allow cancellation with no penalties in case something better comes up. I ( and many other folks on this forum) could pony up hotels but they may already be booked up so it wouldn't do you any good. Also, some hotels are not accepting reservations this far in advance. So try to find something reasonable now and keep searching for something better later on. There seems to be more availability Mon thru Thurs, You might even try Priceline but that site might not be any better than Booking.com and you can't cancel. FYI Priceline and Booking.com are owned by the same company.

Have a good visit to the 'Fest!!!

Posted by
51 posts

Yeah Hotel Uhland isn't even popping up on booking.com
I'm not familiar with the area so I was trying to find something close. Thanks

Posted by
8365 posts

Janette the fair grounds are easily reached by the metro (there is a stop right there), so I wouldn't rule out a hotel in any area close to a metro stop.

Posted by
15968 posts

You will not find Hotel Uhland on Booking.com as they do their own booking. If you go to their web page you will see they have rooms available every night during Oktoberfest apart from the last weekend. They have a prepayment required to hold a reservation, so you may not like that, but it is a great place to stay. I would much prefer to walk to the festival rather than use the U-Bahn with the crowds. But if you want to use public transport, there are lots of other options.

Posted by
32167 posts

Janette,

As Lola mentioned, you might try contacting Hotel Uhland directly via their website, once you have your travel dates locked-down. I always book directly with the hotels, using the website addresses listed in the guidebook, unless their website defaults to something like booking.com.

However, I should add that if I'm having problems getting a reservation in a particular hotel with messages of "no rooms available for your dates", I'll sometimes check booking.com (or other sites) as the hotel may have set-aside a block of rooms for them.

Hotel Uhland is the perfect "home base" for Oktoberfest (IMO).

Posted by
12040 posts

Best hotel in Munich, by far. Traveling on an expense account would help, though.

Hotel an der Opera is a perfectly nice little place, although it's a little expensive for that class of hotel. But it has the best location of any non-luxury hotel in the city. It isn't right by the fest grounds, but you can easily reach it by public transportation.

Posted by
3046 posts

Well we don't know if they want the best or the cheapest or the most convenient. There is no point in more recommendations until they come back and say what they are looking for.

Posted by
50 posts

I am travelling to Munich for Oktoberfest in 2016 and would also like some recommendations for places to stay.
I wouldn't mind to be within walking distance to the festival just because i am not so confident with understanding train schedules and the right ticket to buy. I am travelling on a budget, so backpackers are ok.

Posted by
5697 posts

We just left our second visit to Hotel Brecherspritze near the StMartinstrasse S-bahn (about 4 stops from center) -- they have en-suite rooms but also a few economy bath-down-the-hall ones (we didn't have any problems with access) and VERY hearty breakfast. Train is only confusing the first time, then easy to use. Restaurants and laundromat within blocks.