Please sign in to post.

Oktoberfest 2015

Hello,
My husband and I are planning to go to Oktoberfest next year, 2015. How soon do I need to finalize travel dates and book a hotel in Munich?

Thanks,
Jenni

Posted by
12040 posts

Hotels probably aren't taking reservations this far in advanced.

If you want to stay at one of the more inexpensive hotels within Munich's historic core (there aren't too many), I would have your room booked no later than early summer of 2015. The most expensive business-class hotels in Munich (like Hotel Bayerischer Hof) can usually be booked later, but you'll pay heavily to stay in one of these places. I can highly recommend Bayerischer Hof... but I was traveling on an expense account when I stayed there.

Posted by
321 posts

Hi Jenni- I guess I am more conservative than Tom but I am planning to visit the 'Fest in 2015 and will have my travel and hotel booked before Christmas this year. In earlier times, (25 years ago?) I snagged a Marriott for less than $100 per night on Priceline about 2 months before the 'Fest. Unfortunately, those days are loooong gone....

Have a good trip!!!

Posted by
16893 posts

I don't have a firm answer. If you look at it in the spring, I expect you'd have options.