Please sign in to post.

Oberammergau 2022

I just sent in my form to change my booking to 2022. I cancelled all my reservations a few weeks ago and I should be getting airline vouchers soon. The only thing left to do is cancel my time off at work. I’m going to keep one of the two weeks. Maybe be I’ll be able to do more than spend it at home watching movies by June. The other I’m moving to the fall and plan to visit my sister in MA. Now to start replanning the trip for 2022. I think I’m going to reverse the order. I was doing Munich first then Salzburg and Vienna after the Passion Play. I was going to hit the very end if the season in Vienna. I think if I do Vienna first I’ll have more options for the season.

How are everyone else’s plans going?

Posted by
1274 posts

Bavarian school summer vacation in 2022 is currently 1 August to 12 September. The Passion Play looks to go through 4 October 2022. Something to consider weekend traffic wise and accommodation wise, I think I would try to avoid the Bavarian school vacation period. Also, many small Gasthaus and Hotels have no air-conditioning if you are used to that... Just saying.

https://www.ferienwiki.de/ferienkalender/2022/de

Posted by
304 posts

I’ll be going in May or June. The rebooking form had you list 3 date choices and mine are the first three Friday’s after the opening.