Please sign in to post.

Nymphenburg Palace

I am going back to Munich next year and want to go to the Nymphenburg Palace on my own. I will be staying in Munich and would like to know two things: How do you get to Nymphenburg Palace by transportation. I will be staying near the Marienplatz.

When I went to this Palace on a RS tour, we went on a Friday and it was super crowded. Others have said they went and yes, there were people there, but not super crowded. When is the best day of the week and time to go to this palace. I understand it may be crowded but when I went it was so croweded, it was not enjoyable at all.

Thanks for your help.

Posted by
8124 posts

If you are standing in front of the train station, go to the right and find a Tram Line. Tram #17 going west will take you past Romanplatz to the Nhmphenburg stop.

Posted by
4140 posts

Ann , you can also pickup the #17 at Karlsplatz ( Stachus ) . We are in Munich now , arrived yesterday .

Posted by
19091 posts

and take the No 51 tram northbound.

Actually, I believe the "#51" is a bus. I took this route in 1988.

Posted by
3044 posts

Make sure to walk in the gardens. We went to the palace in 2015, but spent our time in the gardens - it was free, and quite nice.

Posted by
2026 posts

We combined Nymphenburg with the adjacent Botanical Gardens for a nice day. We took the tram from the train station.