Please sign in to post.

Night Train

The answer may seem obvious...but I was hoping someone who has traveled on the Night Train may be able to comment.

I would like to confirm that if I book 4 adults on the night train (between Munich and Amsterdam) and I select "four persons in two Economy Double comp. Breakfast incl." it is not possible for a third person (a stranger) to book a bed in either of our economy double rooms.

I realize that "double" means two, but I have seen online explanations that a room can support one, two or three people depending on how many beds are opened up. I just want to make sure, we won't have any surprises when we get on the train - thanks!

Posted by
19092 posts

A double room is a double room. If it were possible for a third person to share the room, they would ask you the gender of the people in the room. It is possible to mix genders in a couchette, where you sleep in your clothes, but sleepers will have only one gender, unless you book all of the beds in the compartment, then they don't care. If they didn't ask for the gender, they are not planning on putting anyone else in with you.