Please sign in to post.

Museum pass in Berlin

If you purchase a "3 consecutive day" Museum Pass to start on a Saturday, will it's usage extend to Tuesday since the museums covered by the pass are closed on Mondays?

Posted by
6299 posts

No, 3 consecutive days is just that. Also note that most museums are free on the first Sunday of the month in Berlin.

Posted by
27104 posts

I had issues when I tried to use a sightseeing card in Berlin back in 2015. It was not the Museum Pass, so that might be better. The biggest irritant was that one of the Museumsinseln museums had a special exhibition running. We all know the deal: Museum passes don't usually cover those, so you have to pay extra. That wasn't the way it worked in Berlin. I had to pay the full combination entry price, as if I didn't have the pass at all. The sheer size of Berlin (considerable time required on public transportation to get from sight to sight) meant I had a good bit of dead time when I wasn't inside museums, getting value from the card. And a lot of the museums are really large, so I wasn't zipping into 3 or 4 of them each day.

All this is by way of saying that you might find the card doesn't save much, or any, money even aside from the Monday-closing factor. At least you figured out that wrinkle before you bought the card!

Posted by
2314 posts

There are currently 2 major museums in Berlin closed in whole or in part until 2025 - the DHM and the Pergamon - there might be additional closures. Be sure to check online for the latest.