Please sign in to post.

Munich to Florence Euronight 485

My wife and I will be taking the night train from Munich to Florence on May 2nd. I have already purchased tickets from Trenitalia, and have now noticed that it requires the tickets to be printed at a self service machine (only available in Italy). Since we'll be departing for Italy from Germany, we will not be able to print these tickets.

I was sent an email after purchasing the tickets that contains our PNR for the train and all other details, and am hoping that will be enough to board the train.

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone has some knowledge to share about whether I will need a paper ticket or just a PNR code. Should I cancel these tickets, and book through Italiarail (higher price) instead?

Thank you in advance

Posted by
20022 posts

That train is actually run by Deutsche Bahn (City Night Line). I suggest you start by emailing them with your dilemma. They will generally be more responsive than Trenitalia. If you can cancel your ticket (?), rebook using Deutsche Bahn and you can print your ticket at home.

Posted by
11613 posts

I had a similar problem with picking up a TGV ticket last year, it could only be picked up at a TGV/SNCF boutique and I only had an hour to change train stations in Paris. I picked it up at a Raileurope boutique in Brussels before I got to France and paid €10 for the service.

Print out the emailed ticket with the PNR code on it and take it with you, just in case.