Please sign in to post.

Munich hotels under 120 euro/nite

I'm pretty set with my Berlin itinerary but wanted to know about Munich hotels for a solo 40s yr old female. The Motel One looked good until I found out there is no safe. As I will have electronics that I don't want to carry around-that's a deal breaker. Anyone know of similar hotels in the 100 euro price range with a safe? Thanks

Posted by
20977 posts

In a large number of trips to Europe (and North America), I have always carried a note book computer and just left it sitting on on the desk plugged in and never had a problem.
People seem to like Motel One in Germany. Never staid there myself.

Posted by
574 posts

We loved Hotel Uhland (in Rick Steves book) www.hotel-uhland.de/en/home/. It was around that price and came with a great breakfast. It's a a walk or subway to the city center but felt like a very safe area. I also believe they had safes in the room.

Posted by
27648 posts

I lock my tablet computer, extra credit cards, extra ATM card, and any extra cash inside my suitcase any time I'm outside the hotel room. I do not worry at all about doing so. I used room safes a few times in 2015, then I decided I was far more likely to leave stuff behind when I checked out than I was to suffer an in-room theft.

Posted by
980 posts

I stay in Motel One all the time with electronics and other valuables with no issues. All the rooms use key cards like most modern hotels. Hotel safes don't really offer any security anyway as the staff has ways to get into them if you forget your code. If you are really worried about leaving things secured I know Motel One offers secure left luggage behind the desk. Just put your items in a bag and they will lock it up for you and give you a claim ticket to get it later.

DJ

Posted by
9149 posts

Go with Motel One. If people were stealing stuff from rooms, it would be all over Trip Advisor. Believe me.

Posted by
2021 posts

Thanks all. I chose the Motel One - Tor location with a balcony. Hotel said they have a safety deposit box at reception for storing valuables.

Posted by
4049 posts

If this is the Sendlingertor Motel One I hope you'll love it and it's location as much as we have on several trips now. It has been very busy with many European travelers and business people. We like to include the inexpensive breakfast when we stay and watch people getting ready for their day. Clean, compact, nicely furnished and appointed rooms.

Posted by
3100 posts

We stayed in a hostel in a private room. It was 70 EUR. Very nice, 2 blks from the HBH. As to the safety of electronics, we felt very safe there. It was the All4you Hostel. We love hostels. Many noisy young people. Makes us feel young again (65 & 69).

Posted by
2021 posts

Thanks and yes Mona it is that Motel One.

Another question about the rooms. My parents might be meeting me in Munich and my father has a Cpap machine to help him sleep. Are there outlets by the bed so he can plug the machine in at night?

Posted by
14795 posts

Motel One is a good, recommendable choice.

In Munich I stay at a very nice and hospitable Pension located opposite of the Hbf, access it by the underground passage, and pay normally 45-48 Euro for a single (EZ), with the WC and shower down the hall. Whether the room comes with a safe, can't remember. I never use it anyway.

Posted by
980 posts

Yes they have plugs next to the bed ( at least every room I've stayed in at motel one had them). I took my father to opening day of Oktoberfest two weeks ago and he had no problem using his CPAP machine at motel one.

DJ

Posted by
2021 posts

Sorry one more question. The Motel One website has three different ways of reserving. One is full payment now. But there are two other ways-one is using a credit card and the other choice does not ask for one. Is there a difference?

Posted by
1221 posts

Looking at the options it looks like it's

1. Prepaid stay
  2. Credit card guarantee- they will hold a room for you if you arrive after 6:00pm and charge for the night if you don't cancel before the cancellation deadline
  3. reservation with no credit card- reservation is deleted at 6:00pm on planned arrival day if you haven't checked in yet