Please sign in to post.

Munich Hotels

I'm on the Adriatic tour in October. Arriving early to Munich and on the way back spending another night in Munich. Hotel recommendations with easy access from the airport ?

Thank you

Posted by
2324 posts

Is your priority access to the airport or access to central Munich? There is a Hilton directly at the airport. We are staying there on night for convenience, as our flight arrives late and we pick up at rental car the next morning. None of the hotels near the airport offer airport shuttles. You use the local bus or a taxi to get to/from the airport.

There is a train station at the airport, so you can take the train into central Munich. It takes about 40 minutes. I can recommend Hotel Metropol, near the Munich train station (HBF).

I would find out what hotel the tour stays at in Munich, and add nights in advance of the tour to make things easier.

Posted by
32212 posts

As I recall the RS Adriatic tour starts in Ljubljana. If you're planning to travel to Ljubljana via train, choosing a hotel near the main station would be a good idea.

There are lots of hotels to choose from in that area with a variety of comfort levels. The most convenient is the Sofitel (for those with a large budget) as it's right at the station. I usually stay at the Hotel Royal which is only a short walk from the station.

Posted by
104 posts

Last summer I stayed at King's Hotel (center), just around the corner from the main train station. It was lovely and the breakfast was excellent.