Please sign in to post.

Munich Hotels

The RS forums have been awesome for pinpointing excellent hotel choices and I need your input again. My sister and I will be in Munich this October (but not during Octoberfest) and would like to find a mid range hotel that has charm/character preferably near the Old Town or close to transportation if its out a ways. Thanks so much.

Posted by
5581 posts

There was just a post looking for Munich hotels. Maybe do a search and see what comes up there. We stayed at Hotel Uhland, its by the Octoberfest grounds. It was a restored mansion and very well priced. Spotless and an excellent included breakfast. It was about a 15 to 20 minute walk to the train station and the old town. Its a more residential area. We didn't mind the walk and loved the hotel.

I like smaller hotels with some character, as well. I agree that there is good info on the forum especially for hotels and restaurants.

Posted by
404 posts

“Charm/character” comes in different packages. I found the modern Motel 1 Sendlinger Tor to have charm, particularly the lounge after a day of sightseeing. It’s not particularly evocative, tough. We did have a very nice view facing east from the higher floor we had

Posted by
930 posts

buy the RS Munich PocketGuideBook here on this site or on Amazon - always good recommendations there.

what is your definition of midrange? We've stayed at Hotel Torbraeu and Platzl Hotel - very close to old town and the underground train area stops.

Posted by
181 posts

Another vote for Hotel Torbrau. Awesome location and great breakfast.

Posted by
464 posts

We also enjoyed Hotel Torbrau which was an easy walk to the Marienplatz area down Tal street. The hotel gave us a 10% off coupon for their restaurant Schapeau where we had an excellent meal. The location is right by the Isator Gate and S bahn, so it was very convenient, only a couple of stops to the Hauptbahnhof.. The staff was welcoming and helpful.

Posted by
1 posts

we stayed at the hotel Uhland years ago and loved it. i inquired for ocktoberfest 2023 and they want 600.00 for one night! that seems unreasonable . Can anyone recommend a place a little less expensive near the octoberfest grounds. we will have a car but was told impossible to park.

Posted by
3948 posts

vkaczynski: Welcome to the forum. You should post your question in a new topic under Germany. You’ll get responses that will pertain to your unique situation, Octoberfest, car, etc. You should also mention a € amount you hope to pay as Octoberfest dates drive up prices in and around Munich to double or more than their usual rates.

Posted by
104 posts

I stayed at Kings Hotel on Marsstrasse this summer and thought it was excellent. They had a very nice staff, really good breakfast, a quick walk around the corner to the Hauptbahnhoff and a Tram stop. There are plenty of restaurants in the neighborhood, and Aldi and ReWe half a block down the street. I would heartily recommend it. Have fun in Munich! I loved it.