Please sign in to post.

Munich Hotels

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced hotel in a good neighborhood of Munich? Thanks!

Posted by
828 posts

I enjoyed my stay at Hotel Blauer Bock in 2011.

Posted by
472 posts

A vote here for the Hotel am Markt (Viktualienmarkt). Maybe two blocks from the center of town (Marienplatz), & the whole food market right outside your door.

Posted by
8421 posts

Nancy, what is "reasonably priced " to you? Any must haves?

Posted by
7025 posts

Another vote for Hotel Am Markt. Stayed there as a solo and it was very reasonable and oh so convenient. Loved shopping at the market and walking all around the Marienplatz area.

Although it's hard to predict what prices will be when travel is open again and tourist areas are trying to recoup some of their COVID losses.

Don't know what your budget is, but I just did a test for 3 nights in June 2021 and it looks like a single is around $100 and a double from $130 per night.

Posted by
3 posts

We have stayed at Vi Vadi twice, there is two of them but we stayed at the one just north of the main train station. The hard way of finding out there were two is on the first trip we walked through the rain to the wrong one just to learn we need to back track to the other one. It is very convenient and reasonably priced. We liked it because it is clean with very friendly staff and being very close to the main train station made it great for getting around the city or going anywhere else for that matter.

Posted by
2004 posts

Stewart and Vicki, those are two different hotels, the Hotel am Viktualienmarkt and the Hotel am Markt:)

Posted by
138 posts

We stayed at the Pension Lindner and it was a perfect location for walking around Munich. The Pension Lindner has a couple floors in a building just a few blocks from New Town Hall. It's just your basic room with a small toilet/shower but you couldn't beat the location and they served a very good breakfast. We were able to walk everywhere in town and there were a lot of shops and restaurants nearby.

Posted by
2004 posts

stewart&vicki--no worries, just clarifying;)

Larry--We loved Pension Lindner and were sad when we heard it had closed.

Posted by
1368 posts

Enjoyed Hotel Blauer Bock in 2015, plan on staying there again this November for the Christmas Markets (Fingers, Eyes & Toes Crossed).

Posted by
5697 posts

We have stayed several times at Hotel Brecherspitze, about 10 minutes on the tram from Hauptbahnhof so in a more residential area. And if you want the old-Europe experience you can request one of the bathroom-down-the-hall rooms instead of the en-suite style.

Posted by
8938 posts

I am a Motel One fan. Several locations, good prices, big comfy beds, nice showers and though the breakfast buffet is extra, it is worth it to have as much coffee as you like.

Posted by
28 posts

This is a easy one to answer www.hotellaimerhof.de

$75 - $100 per night, Quite neighbor hood, walking distance to Major tourist site, From Hauptbahnhof Munich, take #17 tramp to Romanplatz, 2 block walk to hotel, or hail a cab.

Mom and Pop hotel, very nice.

Posted by
3044 posts

In 2019, we stayed in a private room in Hostel 4You. It's on the cheaper end, but we are cheap about our stays. Breakfast was fine. The hostel has a lot of student groups, which I enjoy. It is 1.5 blocks from the Hauptbahnhof, so the location is great.