Please sign in to post.

Munich Hotel Recommendation

Hello - I am looking for an affordable hotel recommendation in Munich. I will arrive by air, visit Dachau, do some local city highlights, and spend two nights before taking a train to Salzburg. I know Rick has several suggestions but if anyone has a personal recommendation in the $75-$125 per night range, I would be grateful. Thanks in advance for your help.

Posted by
19109 posts

In Munich they charge in euro (€), not dollars ($). Learn to think in euro.

Today that's 64€ to 106€. You won't find anything decent in Munich for 64€. but you can find places for under 100€.

In 2013, I stayed in Münchner Kindl. It was under 100€, but it was 4 stories high with no elevator. Breakfast was extra.

Pension Lindner is only a few blocks from the town center (Marienplatz) and about in your price range (and includes breakfast), below it if you take a room with a common bathroom. There is an elevator.

Posted by
1949 posts

Look at the Motel One's, especially the Sendlinger Tor location. 79 euros a night or get a Balkonzimmer-room with balcony for 99euros. Not much storage space but clean and modern and safe and only a short walk to the Marienplatz and public transport.

Posted by
3965 posts

We've stayed at the Sendlingertor Motel One location twice and love its location in the city and to public transportation links. We've not had a car when we stayed there but there are a couple of garages (with tight spaces) near the hotel. Parking will be an additional cost to factor into your budget for many central Munich locations.

Edit: Breakfast is an additional cost at MO but it is quite reasonable and plentiful.

Posted by
5690 posts

About five years ago, we stayed in a charming small hotel/inn, Hotel Uhland, very close to the Octoberfest grounds and about a 10 minute walk to Marienplatz and the train station. It was in, I believe, an old mansion located in a more residential area. It was extremely clean, the staff was very nice and the breakfast was excellent--a huge variety of well prepared and presented food with coffee/tea served to us at our table. http://hotel-uhland.de/en/home/

Posted by
8956 posts

Motel One fan here, any location, in any city.
Good prices, comfy beds, great showers and breakfast costs extra, but worth it. Big plus is that they have AC that works well. If you are visiting in the summer, highly recommended.

Posted by
2607 posts

I’m in Munich now and completely thrilled with my room at Hotel Metropol at Mittererstrasse 7–big comfy room, a/c, excellent breakfast included. I took the Lufthansa Airport bus that stops at the Hauptbahnhof and it’s about 3 blocks away, great because I am making 2 train trips.

Posted by
94 posts

Last month, we stayed at Hotel Angelo Leuchtenbergring (now called Holiday Inn Leuchtenbergring-they were in the final stretch of a renovation which should be done by now). Less than 2 minute walk to S-Bahn stop of the same name, great breakfast, small but comfortable rooms, and pleasant staff.

Posted by
980 posts

Another vote for Motel One. Sendlinger Tor location is probably best for seeing the city. Deutsches Museum and the Ost locations are also convenient to transportation.

Clean, modern and good value.

DJ

Posted by
14580 posts

Hi,

Are you traveling solo in Munich? I pay 45 Euro for single in a Pension in Munich, much less than your projected range unless you were referring to a double.

Posted by
673 posts

Another vote for Hotel Uhland -- about a 10-15 minute walk from the train station, and an enjoyable neighborhood away from some of the crowds.

Posted by
34 posts

I’ve stayed at the Haberstock Hotel close to the train station. Area seems sketchy, but you’ll have no issues and the location is great.

This trip we’ll be staying down the street at Hotel Royal.

Posted by
62 posts

We've also stayed at the Hotel Haberstock - just a few blocks from the train station, Aldi's supermarket up around the corner, clean, nice rooms, great breakfast included. Definitely would recommend it.