Please sign in to post.

Munich Hotel Decision

Travelling with my son who is on a budget. We are looking at the Hotel Metropol and the Hotel Bayers. Does anyone have first hand knowledge of either and can you recommend? I always used to stay at the Hotel Uhland, and really liked it, but it's a little further away and I know we will be doing day trips and want to be able to walk to station. Know the places directly across the station used to be somewhat dicey, but it's been 4 years since I have last been to Munich.

Posted by
3241 posts

I don't have personal knowledge of this, but on rome2rio, the Hotel Uhland is a 12 minute walk to the central train station.

Posted by
256 posts

I know regular poster Christa stayed at Metropol last year and thought it was fantastic.

Posted by
5581 posts

We stayed at Hotel Uhland and did daytrips from Munich

Posted by
2602 posts

Todd is correct--I stayed at the Metropol last May and it was a fantastic hotel experience. 2 blocks from the Hbf and not at all unpleasant or dicey neighborhood, the hotel was very modern and attractively decorated with a very attentive staff and the best breakfast I've ever encountered. I had a superior double that was spacious, comfy bed and a desk and chairs, spacious bathroom, quiet at night as it's a side street with office buildings across. I did make great use of the Hbf--buses, trams, U and S bahn and the train for 2 day trips.

Posted by
1159 posts

Thanks Christa! This was VERY helpful. I made the reservation and look forward to our visit. It's always good to hear first hand from someone who had a positive experience. It looks nice online and sometimes online pics don't always tell the story. Feel much better!!

Posted by
2602 posts

JR--happy I could help! I'm a solo traveler and frankly, I like to stay in a hotel that is attractive and has helpful staff--I arrived in Munich hardly able to walk from a flare of spondylolisthesis (slipped vertebrae) and they were very helpful with advice if I needed a doctor or massage--I didn't, just happy to be directed to the apothecary one block away. And if their breakfast doesn't blow you away I'll be astonished!