Please sign in to post.

Munich

Looking for a hotel near the airport - have an afternoon and evening to explore but don't care to go city center this trip.

Posted by
2327 posts

If I have a very early flight to the US I like to stay in the Bayerischer Hof in nearby Freising; it has much more atmosphere than those soulless chain hotels at the airport (Freing has a couple of other hotels too, but I don't know any of them). You can take the airport bus from there or they can arrange a taxi transfer for you.

Posted by
19092 posts

I'd also recommend Freising. Close to the bus to the airport and there is a nice brewery/beer garden there.

Bayerischer Hof would be a good choice, IMO. I've twice stayed at Kleines Gästehaus, and it was fine for me, but it is kind of a lonely place (self service apartment) and a little hard to arrange if one doesn't speak any German.

Posted by
7514 posts

Yeah, Freising would be a good choice. I think the downtown is a mix of charming and modern, nice mix of shops. As was mentioned, some good beer choices as well, if beer is not your thing, then still a relaxing time in a beer garden. Weissbrau Huber is right downtown, then Weihenstephan Brewery has a wonderful garden and restaurant.

Posted by
28 posts

I've stayed at Gasthof Lerner in Freising and was happy. As a matter of fact, I'll be there again two weeks from tomorrow for a night.