Please sign in to post.

midrange hotel in Berlin

Berlin will be exciting, so large and diverse! Does anyone have an area in the East to recommend that is close to transportation in midrange price? We will be there for four days arriving by train. Then will fly to Italy. We are in our 70's and like to be active as well as quiet at night.

Posted by
5697 posts

Also in our 70's, my husband and I like Hotel Pension Columbus, a family-run small place in the Charlottenburg area -- easy walk to bus, subway, and regional train. Close to KuDam shopping. Lovely hosts, ample breakfasts, it's our go-to place in Berlin. Last year it was about €70/night with shared bath, en suite slightly more.

Posted by
88 posts

I just booked the Circus Hotel and requested a quiet room in the back. Very close to transportation and in the East. Number 4 always about on Trip Advisor! Have fun!

Posted by
15771 posts

I stayed at the Mercure Checkpoint Charlie and loved it. Though the area is lively during the day, it was always quiet at night. It's close to the trams and metro, and walking distance to some central areas.

Posted by
687 posts

We liked the Hotel Adelante in the Mitte. We walked there from the main train station, and then took a cab to Tegel when we left; it didn't cost too much. I don't remember the room rate, but we stay in what I call mid-range. We walked everywhere, but I believe S-bahn and U-bahn stations were near by.

Posted by
259 posts

I liked Casa Camper in the Mitte area. It was very centrally located within easy walking distance of the Museum Island complex and Unter Den Linden. They also have a nice restaurant that has some fare available 24 hours a day.

Posted by
11294 posts

I had a very nice stay at the Hotel Kastanienhof (found in Rick's book): http://www.kastanienhof.berlin/

A tram line is right outside the door, and it's a few blocks from a large number of varied restaurants on Oderberger Strasse, but the hotel's actual location is pretty quiet.