Please sign in to post.

Luxembourg Airport to Trier Germany December 2022

Hello!
Arriving in Luxembourg December 2022 and trying to figure out logistics of taking the bus from the airport to Park Plaza Hotel Trier which is located near Hauptmarkt. Has anyone taken this journey that is willing to share their experience? Is it better to take a taxi? Trying to be cost conscience but at the same time not real keen on waiting for several hours after arriving at the airport for a bus. Thanks in advance :)

Linda

Posted by
4684 posts

I would take the bus from the airport to the main Luxembourg Central station, and then get the train to Trier. Shuttles from the Airport to Trier tend to be expensive.

Posted by
13 posts

Thank you so much Philip for the guidance. Absolutely will be taking the train to Trier.

Posted by
1803 posts

I did this several years ago. Very easy to do. Got some euros from the bank ATM at the airport. Bought a candy bar to get coins. Bus was easy to find. You’ll pass the train station just before the stop. It will be visible out the left hand side of the bus. Bought my ticket from a staffed window. The staff member spoke perfect English.

Have a fun trip!

Posted by
20089 posts

Public transportation is now free in Luxembourg, so no need to pay for the bus, just the train.