Please sign in to post.

LH2329 VIE-MUC to LH476 MUC-YVR w/ 1h 10m connection: Can I make it?

Hi, new poster on the forum! Hopefully this is the right place to put this:

I'm planning on travelling to Germany from May 20th to June 6th, and the last leg of the trip is heading to Vienna for a few days before flying home to Vancouver.

The only worry I have for my flight home (LH2329, LH476) is that there is a 1 hour and 10 minute connection period between the flights in MUC, and I'm not sure how feasible it is for me to make it from one flight to the next.

Anyone have any experiences with this that they can share? I don't fly much, so I'm kinda unsure of what to expect.

I've also heard that they would hold the plane if there were any delays, assuming you're flying one airline for all the legs (which I would be)?

Posted by
20086 posts

Last year I did a 1 hour change at Munich with Lufthansa on a flight from Budapest to Chicago with 59 friends. We all made it with time for a bathroom stop and a cup of coffee before boarding. Your mileage may vary.

Posted by
2232 posts

It is a tight transit window but if incoming flight is on time you can make it without rushing too much. Inner-European flights often have 10-15 minutes reserve in planned schedules (compared to net flight time). Arrival time means landing, not arriving at the terminal.

If you have both flights on one ticket, so LH knows about your connection, they will take care that you connect best.

See more information about Lufthansa at Munich airport and transit at Munich airport.

Posted by
5516 posts

If you’ve already bought the ticket, I wouldn’t worry. Munich is a pretty efficient airport. The airline is obligated to get you to your final destination. If for some reason your inbound flight is delayed and you miss your connection, you will be rebooked. My best advice is just to proceed directly to the gate on arrival.

I've also heard that they would hold the plane if there were any delays

I wouldn’t count on this. When a plane is held, there is a domino effect (the people on that flight may have connections at the destination, the plane has to be ready for next flight, etc.). I’ve been on flights that were held a brief time for a group of late arriving passengers, but I’ve also missed connections when my flight arrived late.

Posted by
8293 posts

What a lot of upper case letters in the OP. Made me dizzy.