Please sign in to post.

kd line

tell me if I'm correct. I can board in Bingen at 1315 and arrive in Boppard at 1535. yes or no? The columns confuse me. thank you

Posted by
20074 posts

That is not my reading of the 2022 high season schedule.
I see one thru boat daily. Bingen at 16:30 > Boppard 18:50

Three other boats from Bingen at 9:15, 11:15, and 14:30 all require a transfer at St Goarshausen with a delay of between 55 minutes to 100 minutes at St Goarshausen.

https://k-d.1kcloud.com/ep16245cdd55efa5/#22

Posted by
19092 posts

K-D schedule.

No. There is a KD boat that arrives at 15:00 at Bingen, but it is coming from Boppard at 11:00. That's on the LH side of the schedule where the boats are going from Koblenz to Mainz.

Farther to the right are the schedule for boats going from Mainz to Koblenz. That schedule shows, for instance, a boat going from Bingen at 9:15 to Boppard at 1230, but today there is a 90 min stopover/change in St Goar/St Goarshausen.

It used to be you could go directly from Bingen to Boppard, but now most connections have a stopover somewhere along the way. The only direct boat from Bingen to Boppard is apparently the sidewheeler Goethe in the evening.

Posted by
20074 posts

@Lee The schedule you posted is from 2018. 2022 is different.

Posted by
19092 posts

Gotcha. I've revised my post. That's what I get for saving information for later use.

It used to be you could go straight through from Bingen to Boppard, but no more. St Goar/St Goarshausen seems to be a new "hub" for the K-D boats.

Posted by
211 posts

thanks I'll take another look.

Posted by
6293 posts

The stopover in St. Goar is about 30 minutes. You get off the boat and then wait for the next one. I used the time to walk around the town, but you could also get a drink or coffee at one of the cafes.

Also, double check where to board the 2nd boat - no one told me and I assumed it was where I got off, but the boat came to a different pier. It was not that far away but it was a bit inconvenient.