Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Munich sold out in September Need help

We are flying into Frankfort and renting a car. Our trip ends with a 3 night stay in Munich September 9, 10, 11, flying home on the 12th. All hotels I have tried to book, most from the guide book, are full. Can anyone offer a suggestion for recommended hotels not near the train station? Outside the city center is fine, or another suggestion? We stay in mid range hotels with private bath, no hostels, but not 5 star either. All rooms seem rather expensive too, but not aware of any special event on those days. Thanks.

Posted by
32201 posts

jean,

I assume you'll be dropping your car when you arrive in Munich? Is there a particular reason you don't want a hotel near the train station? I find that's one of the best areas to stay, as it's so darn convenient for transportation.

I suggested this in another Thread, but you might have a look at the Leto Motel in Moosach, which is close to both U-Bahn and S-Bahn so easy transportation into the city. I checked briefly and they had doubles listed from €277 for three nights.

Coincidentally, I may also be in Munich on those exact three nights.

Good luck!

Posted by
8942 posts

I just checked on www.hrs.com and there are plenty of reasonably priced hotels in the city center for those dates. Have you also checked with the city tourism office? There must be some kind of event though, because even hotels like Motel One have increased rates for that time period.

Posted by
16893 posts

My parents and I were also happy with the convenience of the train station neighborhood and had no concerns walking around in the evening. We used www.hotel-monaco.de, from the book.

Posted by
1221 posts

Was going to suggest the Ibis Munich West but it's fully booked that weekend. Ibis Munich South is still showing rooms in the 66 USD range if you're okay with a smallish IKEA-like room with private bath that's about a kilometer from St.-Quirin-Platz and Wettersteinplatz U-Bahn stations and probably closer than that to a bus stop.