Please sign in to post.

Hotel recommendations for Dresden

We are going to spend 5 nights towards the end of next month’s Germany trip in Dresden. I have been looking for hours at a variety of hotels in the altstadt in the less than 170€ per night range. Do any of you have a personal favorite or recommendation? We’ve been to Dresden for 2 short visits but never for an overnight stay. I want to really see it, and some neighboring cities, this time.

Posted by
4140 posts

I have spent two one week stays in Dresden , and would return without hesitation . The hotel I stayed in , great location and extremely comfortable place . Dresden Hilton

Posted by
27 posts

My daughter lived in Dresden for a couple of years and we stayed several times at the Aparthotel Altes Dresden. It has apartment style accommodations and is right on the square overlooking the church. Great location.

Posted by
470 posts

We just spent 5 nights at a fabulous condo complex, with front desk staff on site. We had an enormous space with two bathrooms, washing machine/ dryer, full- sized kitchen, very large living room and bedroom with built- in armoire, dressing area with more storage, finished storage room, mud room foyer….the list goes on. It was modern, clean, and the front desk staff are extremely helpful. It cost us 134 Euro/ night. It was refundable and just guaranteed with a credit card, so we did not have to pay until we arrived.

There is a tram basically right at the front which leaves/ returns from
the train station, and it is a 5-10 minute walk to the Altstadt and many restaurants. There is a Rewe across the street.
Really, it is a perfect choice. A family up to 5 could be comfortable as there is a Murphy bed in the living room.
https://www.residenz-am-zwinger.de/

Posted by
3950 posts

Thank you for endorsing some of the places I’ve been looking at and going back and forth on. They are all available and within our budget. Now to make the decision and choose one with a good cancellation policy. We are two weeks away from leaving on our twice cancelled trip.